SQL Server Status - the weird White Cricle

Problem:

When I run the following code in SQL Server 2012,

CREATE DATABASE DemoFileTable WITH FILESTREAM
(
        NON_TRANSACTED_ACCESS = FULL,
        DIRECTORY_NAME = N'DemoFileTable'
);

GO

I get an error message: Incorrect syntax near 'FILESTREAM'.

But this is a correct code for SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server 2012 is running. Well, I notice the instance status is a white circle, not the normal one - A green with a triangle inside. Based on this thread, it appears that the user account running the query does not have a sufficient privilege to see the status of the instance. 

When I re-open SSMS with an admin right, I can see the running icon and am able to run the above code. But for the non-admin users, why cannot they run the SQL Server 2012 syntax-based codes, although I am OK with the design of hiding the server status from them?

Solution:

MS?